Day 3: Goal Setting and Creating a Plan
Today we are going to help your child set a goal. Together you will develop a plan about how they will reach their goal.
Day 3 Video
Want to do the whole 5-Day Grit Challenge? SIGN UP HERE
DAY 2: PASSION DISCOVERY
- First, have your child choose one thing from the Interest Brainstorm Page to focus on. Even though they may have a lot of interests/passions, we only want them to choose one to focus on right now.
- Using their interest/passion as a guide, help them set a specific/attainable goal.
- Don’t make this goal too big. We want this first goal to be something they will be able to achieve sooner rather than later. Small successes lead to greater confidence and a desire to want to keep going. If they choose a big goal, see if you can break it up into smaller goals.
- For example, I want to learn to draw a car. I want to learn to tie my shoes. I want to learn to build a paper airplane. I want to get better at Karate.
Create a plan
- Choose 3-4 steps your child will do to reach that goal
- For example: I will watch YouTube videos on how to fold a paper airplane, I will practice folding airplanes for 5 minutes every day, I will keep trying even when it gets hard, I will get a paper airplane folding book).