Day 2: Passion Discovery
Day 2 Video
DAY 2: PASSION DISCOVERY
Today we are going to talk about GRIT with your child and Brainstorm Interests/Passions
Talk to your child about GRIT.
Kid-friendly explanation: Grit is the ability to keep working toward a goal for something you really care about. It means sticking with it even when it's hard or you make mistakes.
Tell your child that you are going to work together to develop the skill.
An important part of trying to build GRIT is for kids to be able to identify what it is they are passionate about.
- Brainstorm interests/curiosities.
- Get your child to think about and share things they are really interested in (Robotics, Solar System, Learning to draw, legos, building a paper airplane, playing a sport, Blimey Box Brain Games)
- What is something you want to learn to do?
- What is something you want to get better at?
- What is something you want to learn to make?
- What is something you are curious about?
- Get your child thinking about his passions. Keep the list out and add to it as he thinks of more things